Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sloppy Joes

This is the best sloppy joe recipe I have found. I like them when they aren't too sweet and have just a little tang to them. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that had killer reviews. I changed it a little to my liking. I decreased the brown sugar and added more mustard. I like to serve mine with sliced dill pickles on the bun. Sometimes we even put a slice of processed cheese on there. Here is the original version.

  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste


Directions

  1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
  2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment